Hmmph. I have been tagged by Glutbusters, so am playing along. But I am going to break the tagging chain. Sorry Pete.
FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD
1) Tax researcher. I only remembered this one when I googled myself and I found an article about 'skinning the anti-avoidance cat' which I apparently co-authored. The lecturer I worked for was lovely, but he couldn't work without broadway musicals at full volume. I may be the only person (other than him) who associates GST with the soundtrack of Oklahoma.
2) Selling tickets over the phone. Maybe my favourite job ever. My fellow employees made the guys in Clerks
look like motivated go-getters. God it was fun. I still harbour dreams of applying for another job there but I've heard nasty rumours that they've since adopted a professional manner.
3) Bar maid in Ireland. Actually, I was something called a lounge girl, which effectively meant drinks waitress. I was terrible. Since then, I've had a deep respect for professional waiters.
4) Corporate lawyer.
FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER
1) Dirty Dancing. No excuses, no apologies. Nobody puts Baby in a corner.
2) Breakfast at Tiffanys. How can such an extended plug for a jeweller be so good? It wouldn't have been the same with Marilyn Monroe as Holly Golightly. The book's great, too. V excited about the new Truman Capote movie, too.
3) Mary Poppins. Sheer brilliance.
4) To kill a mockingbird. The reason I became a lawyer. NB: It's not an accurate portrayal of life in the law. My dog, Scout, who ate 23 Nurofen, had to get her stomach pumped and ended up brain damaged, is named after the narrator. I heart the book too. And Harper Lee is a character in the new Truman Capote film! See 2), above.
FOUR PLACES I'VE LIVED
1) East Melbourne (a block away from the 'G)
2) Blackrock, Dublin (where I met an elvis impersonator/tv critic and writer/ all round good guy
3) Coogee, Sydney (when I was pretending to be a sydneysider)
4) Newtown, Sydney (when I realised I was really a melbourne girl. I met my favourite cultural commentator of all time
FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE
2) Sex & the city
3) Margaret and David at the movies
4) The 7:30 Report
FOUR PLACES I'VE BEEN ON HOLIDAYS
4) Houseboat on the Murray
FOUR OF MY FAVOURITE DISHES
1) Gado gado
2) Baked ricotta with preserved lemons
3) Pizza for a friend
FOUR SITES I VISIT DAILY
1) The SMH Crossword puzzle
All my fave blogs in one spot.
3) The Age online (I know it should be the same as the SMH, but it's not - the comparative top ten articles viewed daily tells the story. I don't know why).
FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
1) On the houseboat (8 days to go)
2) Vientiane (2 months to go)
3) Wiley's baths, Coogee
4) Fitzroy Baths (in fact, I may go there now)